Monday, August 11, 2008

BATMAN - The Dark Knight, 2008


All the hoopla around The Dark Knight forced me into actually wanting to see it. I'm typically not interested in the big-budget Hollywood action films, but I have to say - I fucking loved TDK. It was shiny and action-packed and realistic in an unrealistic way. I don't know if Heath Ledger's death affected the way I judged his performance, but it was really, really great- dedicated and fucking creepy. I was engaged for the entire two-point-five hours, and would see it again in a second. I'm thinking IMAX.

Seeing TDK has gotten me on this Batman kick. I now plan to watch all its prequels. I should have done this before seeing it, but you can't always get what you want. I'll be talking about/reviewing those as I see them.

[Photo from: http://www.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/the-dark-knight-characters_472x312.jpg]

No comments: