Saturday, July 26, 2008

Charlie Bartlett, 2007


I was going to use this space to post a review of Charlie Bartlett, but instead, I'll briefly discuss a few things that I found the most interesting.

1. Was this ever shown in theaters? I remember being stoked on it for probably a year now, it's basically criminal that I had to wait for DVD.
2. Charlie Bartlett is a qt, and would make a worthy new addition to my group of friends.
3. I love Kat Dennings because she has like... A REAL BODY? Finally.
4. Robert Downey Jr. is amazing.
5. Interesting commentary on the modern prescription drug culture
6. I LOVED the plethora [at least three = plethora to me] of former/current Degrassi cast members. Shout out to Craig Manning, Paige Michalchuk and Jimmy Brooks! Glad that they could finally break out of being typecast in those troubled high school roles.

Verdict: I didn't totally love it like I assumed that I would, but it's definitely an enjoyable film. I loved it until things go completely out of control. I tend to lose a bit of interest when gun-toting drunks go head-to-head with high schoolers [oh, oops, spoilers.]

[photo from http://owlpellets.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bartlett2.jpg]

Off-Topic but Sin City is on MTV right now... wtf, am i rite?

No comments: