Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wristcutters: A Love Story, 2006


I had heard about this movie for a while and it didn't really do much for me, but I saw it while I was in Ballbuster the other day and I felt compelled to grab it and take it home. I'm extremely glad that I did. Honestly, never deny the appeal of PATRICK FUGIT. I don't know what it is about him, but I fucking love it.

Anyway the film is set in this weird perjury that suicide victims are sent to- where things suck just a little bit more. It's extremely dark and has a light take on suicide, but one that is ultimately entertaining and NOT offensive [and oh I am easily offended.]

The movie honestly had me laughing out loud [lolin' really], mostly because of the antics of the Russian Eugene [played by Shea Whigham] as well as a surprising appearance by Will Arnet. Also in the film is Tom Waits, which was awesome, needless to say.

Oh these movie reviews are kinda hard. Oh well, I'm just saying I think the cinematography was great- I haven't wanted to escape to the desert of the US so badly since Badlands. It's really a sweet movie, score one more for the reasons not to kill yourself. Go see it and pray with me that Patrick Fugit is not mormon and is figuring out the most romantic way to propose to me.

[photo from http://paddyk.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/wristcutters.JPG]

No comments: