Wednesday, July 30, 2008

People who need to GTFO

Any vacation from school where I'm spending any time at all at home equals one thing: SO. MUCH. TELEVISION. And internet and etc.etc. As a result, I'm developing some strong opinions on the people of pop culture. Here's a short list of some people who I think need to GTFO [get the fuck out, in case you're not in the know]:



Ali Lohan. Like, are you fucking serious? Physically, she's such an awkward caricature of Lindsay. I won't even get started on her mom. Does this 14-year-old really deserve a singing career? I'm glad that your sister is famous, but do you really want to end up like her [not to be harsh, I'm thinking of the natural child star fate]? Please, Ali, go enjoy your childhood.




Jo de la Rosa. You might be wondering, who? I wish I could say the same. One of my usual TV channels is Bravo. I was glued to the screen during The Real Housewives of Orange County, which is where I first took notice of Miss de la Rosa. If that was where her career started and ended, I'd be fine with her. But no, reality television is not a subtle creature. Now, probably in an effort to promote her singing career, we get to watch Jo be set up with random dudes, on the show Date my Ex. It's been on Bravo at least 65 times in the past week, and is seriously the most boring thing, probably less thrilling then Moment of Truth. I think her song is the intro to her show- more worthless pop dribble.




Josh Peck. I know, I know- I shouldn't judge people based on appearance and should give former chubby child stars a chance. But I don't think that the premise/hype for The Wackness could be any more obnoxious [too soon, and too much Olsen]. Are we trying to say that this dude is a sex symbol now? Like, ten seconds ago you were the goofy fat sidekick to the somewhat attractive Drake Bell, but now you went to a gym and stopped smiling in photos and I'm supposed to take you seriously?

I know that this is not in-line with the purpose of this blog, to increase our cultural knowledge. I can't be meaningful all the time. I should go out and give all these things a chance, but instead I chose to share my irritation with you. Harsh? Probably. I need to get out more.

[Photos from: http://content8.flixter.com/photo/11/07/11/11011146_ori.jpg, http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09kpe759ue2UL/349x.jpg, http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/Josh%20Peck-6.jpg, http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04cl6617lzaE2/610x.jpg]


No comments: